Saturday, August 7, 2010

If you really knew me you'd know..

..how much I wish I could accept myself the way that I am. I always think that I could be funnier or I could be better looking or nicer and I don't give myself any credit for being the way that I am. One pathetic example; I always thought that I wasn't pretty enough. {I say this in the past tense because it's easier to say that I did feel this way rather than saying that I still do feel this way}. So I decided to grow my hair out because I thought that if I had pretty hair, then I would get closer to accepting the way that I look. A while ago I realized that YES, there should be one thing that makes you feel better about yourself. Another thing that I realized is that one thing should not be your hair, or anything else that we as humans materialistically possess for that matter. Now that I've cut sixteen inches of hair off of my head, I finally find comfort in the thought that God has created me exactly how he intended me to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment