Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First off,
I'm pretty sure today is the most beautiful summer day that we've had so far this year.

Second, 
"I have made you pure, but not by fire, as silver is made pure. I have purified you by giving you troubles."
Isaiah 48:10

In January I started sending a Bible verse in the morning to two of my friends who were struggling with different situations in their lives. Within two or three months there were over fifty people who I sent the verses to. If you're one of those people, you're the reason behind this blog post. By about month five, I was starting to feel like it was a responsibility. In turn, making me feel like reading my Bible was a chore. So if you were wondering if I was just getting lazy and not sending them, there's the real reason. However, today I sat down to read a little bit in Isaiah and came across Isaiah 48:10 and loved it, so I sent it. There is a reason for every obstacle that we encounter. God is purifying us through them.

1 comment:

  1. i could read your blog every day, and still get something out of it.
    its beautiful. and you are too!

    ReplyDelete